AWARE EPSS is used to provide immediate, individualized, on-line access to the full range of information needed to improve productivity with minimal support and intervention by others. Electronic
Performance Support Systems (EPSS) focus on improving human performance to increase personnel productivity, safety, and reliability.
Plant information, such as how to operate or maintain equipment, is often difficult or impossible to locate because it is known only by a few experienced individuals or is contained in a document
that is not readily available. AWARE EPSS serves as a central location for all plant information that any personnel with access to an Internet browser and authorization can access.
Using AWARE as an Electronic Performance Support System (EPSS) creates a platform to store and easily deliver reference and training information to the end user, as well as aid the user in their
everyday job tasks. Plant system descriptions, procedures and reference documents are accessed easily through the logical navigation method implemented in AWARE.
- AWARE EPSS is a flexible system which encompasses all types of plant specific training documents such as system descriptions, digital photos, digital video, instructor lesson plans, objectives,
PowerPoint files and training checkoffs.
- AWARE EPSS will help to ensure that all personnel are working with the most recent revision by providing the information from a single data source.
- AWARE EPSS contains security features that enable personnel to have varying security access based upon the requirements of the department.
- AWARE EPSS is expandable to other departments and plants if that is a desired goal.
- Navigating through information is accomplished by multiple methods: utilizing a Windows Explorer like folder/ hierarchical view, clicking on hyperlinks, or utilizing the powerful search
- Other programs can be launched from within AWARE, allowing a streamlined approach to accessing multiple applications through a single interface.
Updating information is easy when you have AWARE EPSS. Information can be stored in "chunks" which allows the user to use the information in multiple locations and requires updating in only one of
those locations. The update will be reflected in all occurrences of the information throughout the system. For example, an operating procedure may exist under the procedures section, but you might
also display that same operating procedure in a system description, you will only have one copy of the operating procedure "stored" but you are able to view it in multiple locations. As more
documentation is created or acquired, it is easily added through the AWARE EPSS interface.