AWARE™ High Energy Piping Inspections
The Aware High Energy Piping (HEP) Module is used to quickly and visually
document NDE and other information related to critical piping, and later
locate sections of interest based on various criteria.
The module enables users to manage the analyses that result from magnetic
particle, dye penetrant, radiography, UT, and other examinations of the
critical piping. An isometric drawing is used within the Aware Drawing
Interface to indicate where inspections have been done. Each section of
piping is colored-coded to show whether the condition is normal, abnormal,
or requires further inspection.
Using the HEP Module helps to avoid critical piping failures by making
it easier to visualize analysis results and immediately identify areas
of concern. By making access to the information easier, planning can be
done to mitigate problems before they become imminent.
Some features of the new module include:
- Ability to select the component from the hierarchy and the
corresponding drawing displayed in the drawing interface (DI)
- For each inspection, user can signify a status (Normal/Abnormal/Future),
which automatically color codes the point/ region of the drawing
when that activity is displayed.
- Each Activity (e.g. Displacement, visual, replication, etc.)
is shown on the drawing as a point (x), a region (rectangle) or a replacement
- Ability to select a section from the drawing (or the entire
drawing) and call up the activities linked to the section based on
a date range. Drill down into each of the activities if desired.
- Creation of new inspection records by selecting a point (corresponding
to a section) on the drawing, and select the inspection
- Attach reports, readings and measurements to the inspection
record to make them easily accessible in the future.